Sunday, April 25, 2010

Piklets
This is a recipe that my Mum has made for many years, I often make it when the children all come home for morning tea and they are eaten as fast as i can cook them. Was also a favourite for after school snack.
Mix together
1 tbsp sugar,
1 egg
1 tbsp Golden Syrup
1 1/2 cups S.R. Flour
3/4 cup Milk

The mixture needs to be pourable so a little extra milk may be added, let stand for a little while, then melt a dob of cooking marg in a frypan and swish it around so that the
pan is greased, add desertspoons of piklet mix, turn and press down gently with slide, cook till golden
this does not take long, then I usually turn again for a min, then take out and serve with honey or jam and cream.
You will need to add a dob of butter each time you add more mix.

I use my flexible spatula to cook these as it manouvers better than my egg slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment