Wednesday, September 16, 2009


Jelly Cakes
Well this is one of my all time winners, most times if I have to go somewhere and take a plate of these, I usually dont get to take any home much to the dislike of number 2 son, last time he attacked them before I got to go out( I made them the day before) and had to make more.

you will need:
2 packets of Vanilla cake mix.
I usually put in 50g melted butter in as well as what the packet says.


Jelly
1 strawberry or port wine
1 Lime
Desicated coconut

Whipped Cream (optional)

Make as per instructions on packet including the 50g butter and put in patty cake papers.
bake in a moderate oven till golden. and cool on oven tray.When cool remove papers
mean while prepare Jellies
I usually make a strawberry and a lime.
make as per instructions and put in fridge, keep checking as when the jelly is getting chunky it is time to take out and roll cakes in one at a time and then roll in coconut,
and put on a plate and return to fridge, do not stack cakes on top of each other, they will stick together. When ready to serve you can slit one side of each cake and using your icing bag fill with whipped cream if desired.
P.S. You can tell if anyone is stealing cakes by the coconut on the floor by the fridge. They also freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment