Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cherry Cheesecake Flan
I made this recently for a dinner with friends they enjoyed it so thought I would share it
500g cherries Pitted (see notes to pit)
1 tbsp Brandy
2 1/2 cups Icing sugar
1 pkt Chocolate Ripple biscuits
100 g melted butter
250g cream cheese
1/3cup cream whipped

Note:
To pit cherries using a toothpick insert at the top of the cherry near the stalk, poke down until you feel the stone, then go around the stone with the toothpick when the circle is complete put the pick under the stone and push it upwards and the stone will flick out. (I was getting quite good at it by the time I was finished. I also ate the reject ones)

Place pitted cherries, brandy and 2tbsp of icing sugar in a bowl and stir to combine.
Lightly spray a 23cm quiche dish with a removable base.
Crush biscuits (about 6 at a time in a plastic bag , use your rolling pin and roll until they resemble
crumbs) add melted butter and press mixture into the flan tin and place in fridge till needed.
Beat cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth and then fold in whipped cream.
carefully spread mix into the base. I cut the cherries in half and placed them on. Then used additional whipped cream and my piping bag to put a squirt of cream between each cherry.
Hope you have fun with this. It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment