Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mock Fish
This is my most favourite food.
My Mum made these when I was little and now when I am feeling low, or maybe need to eat but dont really feel like eating this is what I make (I think i must class these as comfort food).
Our grown up children also like them. Especially yummy on fresh buttered bread (but I think if you are counting calories or carbs maybe not so great) but what the heck we all need something bad once in a while.

1 large & 1 medium potato peeled.
3/4 tsp salt
pepper
1 lge egg

grate potato, squeeze off excess moisture, add salt and pepper and egg and mix well.
cook in a frying pan that in a small amount of cooking oil until golden on both sides.
I put them on paper towel to soak up excess oil before eating.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Sorry no picture cause they all get eaten quick

No comments:

Post a Comment