Friday, May 7, 2010

Chunky Beef and Noodle Soup
This is one of my favourite Soups,it is not a thin soup,it is quite filling you can have soup and a toasted sandwich and it is quite filling.

500 g Topside or blade steak
1 carrot
2 onions
2 sticks celery
1/2 cup small noodles
2 heaped tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp Tomato Paste
8 cups water
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
4 tsp Beef stock Powder
salt & pepper
Peel and chop onions, carrots and celery, cut meat into 1 inch cubes. Brown meat and add vegetables, stir in flour and add water,
tomato paste, soy sauce and stock and stir until boiling.Cover and simmer for 1 hour Add noodles and salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 15 mins.
I use my crock pot instead and so once I have added all ingredients except noodles I put it in the crockpot on slow and let it cook for the day.
then add the noodles and salt and pepper and it is ready for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment